Too much fun in Hollywood. Last night I was smoking hookah on a balcony overlooking Hollywood and Highland, feeling warm and wonderful. Today I am back in Michigan where it is cold, snowy and there are gratuitous amounts work to be done. I’ll allow myself one nostalgic blog post and before I have to get over the fact that the temperature here is half of what it is there and actually get to work. So here are just a few things I did on my California vacation:
- Bore witness to the fact that literally everything is bigger in Texas while on a layover in Dallas. And it is more often than not wearing a cowboy hat.
- Ate at a variety of dining establishments, from fine to fast to frightening. Linked is Hannah’s review of our sex-and-sushi dinner extravaganza, which is excellent and 100% accurate.
- Learned that my Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr addictions are not only obnoxious procrastination tools and could actually land me a job one day. This is why I am neglecting my homework and blogging instead.
- Took a picture next to Kevin Spacey’s star on the walk of fame. (It was a priority.)
- Toured/gawked at the extravagance of Beverly Hills. So many questions, including: What would ever necessitate a stainless steel garage door? And, Where does one hire a personal topiary gardener?
- Declined in offer to purchase raspberry kush. Not sure if I am more surprised at the fact that raspberry kush exists or that it took less than a general introduction for a California native to offer me weed.
- Inquired about an awesome internship as a social media strategist at Southern California Public Radio. Keep your fingers crossed for me.